Recently, President Trump made news by calling out Rep. Elijah Cummings for the deplorable conditions in Cummings’ Baltimore district.
Trump said it is “a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.”
Cummings himself has has a long history of “money problems” mostly, it appears, self-inflicted.
An editorial in Issues and Insights, part of Investors Business Daily, recently wrote:
He’s right about the rats. Last year, the pest-control service Orkin rated Baltimore as one of the “rattiest cities,“ behind Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Cleveland.
Rats are a problem!
And, if the four-legged variety were the only problem in #Dem-infested cities, things would be much better for families condemned to live in those cities. However, that’s not the case.
For several years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has ranked states based on five measures of their financial condition: cash solvency, budget solvency, the ability to meet long-term spending commitments, state spending and taxes as a share of personal income, and unfunded pension liabilities and debt.
The study measures how well states can meet short-term and long-term bills by examining their financial statements. You can look at how your state compares – and make travel plans accordingly.
Notice the phrase unfunded pension liabilities and debt above.
So, how do the #Dems do with funding the, mostly public employee union, pension funds that they’ve used to buy votes since #FDR?
Not so good, actually. The five worst funded states are all #Dem plantations.
Where is this leading?
What will happen to these cities and states?
One set of ideas on that subject was published in The American Interest – The End of the New Deal Era—and the Coming Realignment – FRANK J. DISTEFANO
Stop Electing Democrats
So rather than just continue this litany of corruption and failure, perhaps we should talk about how to solve some of these problems. The Federalist put forward these ideas – 5 Real Solutions For The Troubled Cities Democrats Helped Cripple – Joshua Lawson
I’ll call your attention to the fifth suggestion: Stop Electing Democrats. The case made for this, admittedly difficult, approach is persuasive
As the old adage goes, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” So how will the plight of America’s most dangerous cities improve if citizens keep sending the same politicians of the same failed political party back into power?
Experiments with Democratic rule in cities like St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, and Kansas City have had decades to work. The results are in, and ruin lies in their wake.
I experienced an example of how this can work, during the Clinton / Lewinsky / Blue Dress era.
A friend, a DINO, said to me one Sunday “It’s a tough time to be a Democrat”.
For my friend and millions of others, today is an increasingly “tough time to be a Democrat”.
We all have a friend or two like that – they #VoteBlue because they belong to a union / their daddy did / they’re “Pro Choice” / …
They are mostly disconnected from the #Dem Party between elections and they know little or nothing about the person for whom they “pull the lever” – that is, they are the #DNC’s vision of a “perfect #Dem voter”.
You’ve heard of the “deplorables”, well, these are the “changables”. These are the people to whom President Trump, in the 2016 campaign said “What do you have to lose?”
I can answer the President’s question – they can lose the feeling of needing a shower when events force them to look at what and who the #Dem party is, and always has been.
- Trump’s Attack on Baltimore Doesn’t Go Far Enough – Editorial
- America’s Cities Are Unlivable. Blame Wealthy Liberals – Alex Tabarrok – http://bit.ly/2V21XOB
- America’s largest cities drowning in debt, with Chicago leading the way, study finds – Frank Miles
- What Do The Worst-Run States Have In Common? They’re Run By Tax-And-Spend Democrats – Editorial
- State Fiscal Rankings – Ranking the States by Fiscal Condition 2018 Edition – Study
- 5 Real Solutions For The Troubled Cities Democrats Helped Cripple – Joshua Lawson
- 25 Most Dangerous Cities in America – Michael B. Sauter, Thomas C. Frohlich and Michelle Lodge
- Chicago Tops Orkin Top 50 Rattiest Cities List for Third Time – Study
- When The U.S. Goes Bankrupt, Here’s Who Gets Out With The Least Pain – Lewis M. Andrews
- The End of the New Deal Era—and the Coming Realignment – FRANK J. DISTEFANO
- The 5 States With the Most Underfunded Public Employee Pensions – Craig Eyermann
- Hypocrite Elijah Cummings Conspired With IRS – Editorial – http://bit.ly/2Nq1Pav